After the rebore on Leslie I needed to address another much older problem, acceleration hesitation and occasional stalling. It is a terrible problem because just when you need good acceleration such as when you’re trying to do a u-turn on the highway before a car comes it would suddenly sputter and die. It made me feel like throwing it off a bridge.
So I decided to finally spring for a new carburetor (P4,700.00).
and a new manifold (P780.00) which turned out to be a waste of money since it turned out I still had the original one. I thought it was thrown away along with a recent house clean up.
Here is the Mikuni unit it replaced:
I will sell it for may P400.00 or something. It’s still ok, it was just too big for my bike. When it was installed my bike would stall after a couple of hard revs followed by a sudden twist for another high rev. Eventually I realized this was caused by the engine getting flooded.
I know this because now the bike is revving perfectly with zero stalling whatever I try to do. I know I might be able to make the Mikuni carburetor still work by having the manifold machine shopped to size but I decided to just remove any guess work and just get an original carburetor. The one I bought is one of only four left at Triumph Caloocan, and the plastic it came in was already getting yellow with age.
I hate rust, and I notice some growing here and there. This worries me.